A nine-month course in the basics of the Faith and its practice. The Catechumenate meets one evening each week for an hour and a half over that nine-month period. The study is led by Mother Michele Whitford. The course culminates in either Confirmation, Reception, or Renewal of Baptismal Vows.
The goals of the Catechumenate are:
- To help each individual develop a deep, personal commitment to Jesus Christ and an openness to the work of the Holy Spirit.
- To provide knowledge and understanding of the basic tenets of the Christian Faith, the sacraments, and the history of the Church.
- To help each individual establish healthy patterns of prayer and spiritual discipline.
- To help each individual discern his or her personal ministries and spiritual gifts.
- To experience the power of Christian community and Fellowship.
- To have a lot of fun together in the process.
For more information on Confirmation, Reception, Renewal of Baptismal Vows or the Catechumenate Class, contact Mother Michele